Buying or Selling a Home?
Looking for a Free Consultation?
Please leave us your name, email address, and phone number below, and we will be sure to get in touch with you as soon as we are able to.
Or call us at 613-884-6626
Frequently Asked Questions
In Ontario, a first-time home buyer can qualify for the Land Transfer Tax Rebate of up to a maximum of $4,000.00 of the total land transfer tax. There are several factors that determine whether you will be eligible for this rebate, namely:
- You must be 18 years of age or older;
- You must be a permanent resident of Canada;
- You must intend to occupy the home within 9 months of purchase; and
- You cannot have previously owned a home in Canada or elsewhere in the world.
No. All conveyances of real property in Ontario are required to be registered by a lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
For most residential real estate transactions, you will need to retain a lawyer once the conditions of your Agreement of Purchase and Sale are fulfilled, and at least 2 days before your ‘title search deadline’ (page 3 of the APS).
If your transaction is more complex than most, you may wish to retain a lawyer to work with your real estate agent.
- Most firms rely heavily on clerks. With us, you will be dealing primarily with a lawyer.
- If your financing falls through, we have a network of lenders we can call on to step in.
- We are transparent. All of our costs/fees are clearly broken down for your review before closing.
- We don’t quit. We will do whatever it takes to get your deal done.